Home learning guidance:
HOW WE DO DISTANCE LEARNING AT CHALFONT VALLEY:
- Every day, our teachers will have pre-recorded videos available for each class by 9am.
- These will be uploaded onto your Class’ Class Dojo page.
- The lessons are between 10 and 35 minutes long, with lots of opportunities for children to pause the video and complete tasks.
- It is an expectation that in KS1 and Yr3-4, that the children complete at least 3 hours worth of learning each day.
- In Year 5 and 6, this rises to at least 4 hours worth.
- Please encourage your children to use these videos so that can still do a lesson in these subjects each day.
- Teachers set short tasks in the videos, and ask pupils to pause the video .
|START TIME||FINISH TIME||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday|
|9 am||10 am||VIDEO 1: LITERACY||VIDEO 1: LITERACY||VIDEO 1: LITERACY||VIDEO 1: LITERACY||VIDEO 1: LITERACY|
|10 am||11 am||VIDEO 2: MATHS||VIDEO 2: MATHS||VIDEO 2: MATHS||VIDEO 2: MATHS||VIDEO 2: MATHS|
|11 am||12 pm||VIDEO 3||VIDEO 3||VIDEO 3||VIDEO 3||VIDEO 3|
|12 pm||12:30 pm||LUNCH TIME||LUNCH TIME||LUNCH TIME||LUNCH TIME||LUNCH TIME|
|1:00 pm||2;30 pm||VIDEO 4/ADDITIONAL TASK (powerpoint)||VIDEO 4/ADDITIONAL TASK (powerpoint)||VIDEO 4/ADDITIONAL TASK (powerpoint)||VIDEO 4/ADDITIONAL TASK (powerpoint)||VIDEO 4/ADDITIONAL TASK (powerpoint)|
|2:30 pm||3:00 pm||STORY TIME||STORY TIME||STORY TIME||STORY TIME||STORY TIME|
WHAT DO WITH COMPLETED WORK:
Parents (or pupils) need to take a photo of the completed work at the end of the day and upload them to their class teacher via Class Dojo.
WHAT WILL WE DO IF WORK IS NOT COMPLETED:
We are providing each child with a form to complete each day, to inform us of any challenges they are experiencing.
If we do not hear from a family for a couple of days, either through receiving work or by email, we will give families a check in call to see if there is anything that we can do to support
Please find below all the new times for children coming into school in January 2021.
All children will enter the school building via THE SCHOOL OFFICE.
Please be prompt to allow all children to be received by their school staff. Parents to wear face masks if you enter the school building. Please wear uniform and bring a water bottle and lunch box.
NURSERY – 9 -12
Rest of Critical Care pupils – 9 -3pm