The pupil premium was introduced in April 2011. It is allocated to children from low income families, who were known to be eligible for free school meals.
Schools and academies are free to spend the pupil premium as they see fit. Schools and academies are accountable as to how this additional funding is being spent to close the attainment gap that exists between children from disadvantaged and more affluent backgrounds.
We plan to spend the pupil premium on the following:
- Develop a lasting relationship with the charity Restore Hope to run activities to improve children’s wellbeing and mental health
- A programme to teach behaviours for learning and character development
- Structured lunchtimes to develop children’s leadership skills
- Run nurture groups
- Subsidised trips and workshops
- Personalised curriculum enrichment
To find out more about how pupil premium is used at Chalfont Valley E-ACT Primary Academy, please download the documents below.